Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Real Life's "Who Dunnit ?"

At the end of the movie or book you say, " I never thought that would be the murderer. They really surprised me. I would have never guessed!"

That's what makes a great mystery isn't it? Full of drama and excitement, and we talk and talk and talk about it with our friends (and anyone else who will listen).

This type of "deceit" exists in our every day life also and the older I get the more I see it and sadly the more I lose trust.  I lose trust not only in people but in my own ability to discern what is the reality. People and things you think you know and understand and then you find out that you really didn't at all.

While deceit gives a negative connotation, (by definition it is to deceive someone by "concealing or misrepresenting the truth") sometimes we justify our actions to protect someone or something. Just like in a book or movie we have to collect information, be observant, be logical. You will put pieces together all along the way and sometimes it is what it is and sometimes it is no where near what you thought. Because of this fact, I warn you - be cautious with your thoughts, actions and words.

Sometimes it makes me very sad; too much information, just like too little information can make you the initiator or the receiver of deception.
It's such a tricky game to play and one you really can't win.  There are different positions in this game;  a person who says too much, a person who says nothing, a person who believes everything. Who are you? and on which day?

So my solution - don't play. Be honest, tell only what you know for sure is the truth.  If you don't know, don't tell it AND on the other hand - don't presume. Books and movies are not going to tell you "who dunnit" in the beginning, you have to wait, collect evidence, try to figure out what makes sense.  Don't make snap judgments in life, the person you think is your worst enemy in the world may be doing something you have no clue about, but when you finally figure it out you will want to kick yourself for being so stupid.

So there are people saying to themselves right now, "What has happened to Holly that she is sounding off about this?"
STOP IT - you are presuming.... you do not have enough information.  This is just some of the crazy things I've been thinkin' about.

Proverbs 21:23


No comments:

Post a Comment